The Company has the option of replying to reviews on Trustorigin. If the Company replies to reviews, the Company warrants in every context that the replies:
• are not unlawful, offensive, deceptive, misleading, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, pornographic or profane,
• do not have a sexist, political or racially discriminating character,
• do not violate other people's rights, including any intellectual property rights and privacy rights,
• do not in any way breach any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations,
• do not have a disloyal or unlawful purpose and/or content (or promote unlawful purposes), and
• are not technically harmful (including without limitation containing computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct).
If the Company reports a review on Trustorigin for contravening our User Guidelines, it must provide an explanation (also called a "Public Reporting Reason").
The above rules about replies to reviews on Trustorigin also apply to the Company's use of the Public Reporting Reason.
If we receive notice or otherwise become aware that the replies or the Public Reporting Reasons violate these Guidelines, we may delete the replies or the Public Reporting Reasons without notice, and may inform the affected parties and/or the authorities of the violation - depending on the nature of the violation. Our right to delete is not conditional upon providing an explanation, although we will strive to inform the Company about any deletions and the reason for them.